Assign, re-assign, and remove locations in the map
With Textomap you can easily assign, re-assign or remove locations to any word or text.
This enables you to give geographical representation to anything and create custom maps for any subject.
Let's get started:
Assign locations to a word or text:
1. Select a word or text by highlighting it with your mouse.
2. A search box will appear, it will show locations found according to the highlighted word.
3. Type the location you want to assign and click “Assign to text”.
4. The word/text is now highlighted and assigned to a location on the map.
Re - assign locations to a word or text:
1. Hover and click on text you would like to change it’s assigned location.
2. Select “Re-assign location” in the menu.
3. Search for the new location you would like to assign and click “Assign to text”.
4. The text will now be assigned to the new location on the map.
Remove locations from text:
1. Hover and click on the text you would like to remove it’s assigned location.
2. Select “Remove location” in the menu - You can also do this from the location pin in the map itself with the trash icon.
3. Confirm that you want to remove the location.
4. The location will be removed from the map and the text will no longer be highlighted.
Customise labels, colors, photos, and links